Monday Morning Weigh in Results:
5.4 pounds!!!! Wahoo!! I know the first week is the easiest, and that it's mostly water weight, but I will take it for sure! It was a successful week. This weekend was a bit more difficult with all the cook outs, etc., but I really tried to watch what I ate. It's easy for me to quit at this point....so now the hard work begins when you have to work really hard for just 1 or 2 pounds a week. We'll see what week 2 brings!
- The weather is pretty much miserable in Kansas City. This is the time of year when it is 80 degrees when you wake up at 4am and there's already humidity of about 80-100%. There is truly no break from the heat - it doesn't matter if you try to run at 5am or 10pm, it's still HOT!! But you definitely have to get your workouts in at "off" hours because the heat of the day is just way too intense. My 6 mile run was awful Saturday.
- I had some personalized cycling instruction yesterday. It was really helpful. I know how to make things easier or harder on my bike, but that's usually about it. I learned yesterday that I actually do have a triple crank and a granny gear - who knew? We mostly worked on hills, and how best to gear and get up them. It was great! Hills are not my friend. The gearing instruction will help, but I still really need to develop my leg strength.
- Went to see the new Transformers in IMAX 3D!!! Loved it!! It was a bit too long, and a little slow to get going, but overall I really enjoyed it. I love these kinds of movies though! The special effects were AWESOME!!
- Got some new AWESOME triathlon shoes. I love them! Can you say "Got Love for my shoes - KSwiss!" I need to trade out the shoe laces for some Yankz, but these are so cute!!
- If you missed my Interview with Ryan.....Ironman. I hope you check it out here. It's really great!
- Have a fabulous day everyone!!!