I have no time to blog. Life has seriously been crazy for about the last 2 months. Work is super busy and I’ve been training a lot (which is good), but it leaves little time to do anything else. I am usually only home 1 or 2 nights a week and lately even the weekends have been jam packed.
Anyway, training is going well….here the latest from last week and this week.
· Got in almost 10 and a half hours of training – the most training hours I have logged in a single week (at least since I’ve been tracking – but it has to be a record)
· Swam my longest lake swim ever – 1.5 miles!!
· Completed a 50 mile bike ride – my longest ride ever! It was 103 degrees when we finished the ride. It was STUPID hot!
· Completed an 8 mile “long run” – my longest run since my half marathon
· Spent some wonderful time with my niece Ashley. We went wedding shopping and purchased her veil and jewelry. She gets married in just 4 weeks.
· This week has not been great. I’ve been physically and mentally drained.
· Yesterday I went out for a 4 mile run – just wasn’t feeling it at all. I ran about ¼ of a mile, stopped to walk trying to get motivated and just ended up walking about 3 ½ miles. I just wasn’t up for running. That’s the first time in a really, really long time I’ve just quit on a run.
· This morning I was able to get my 4 mile run in (with a 2 mile speed workout) so I was happy again!
· I failed my second week weigh in miserably. I lost 5.5 pounds in week 1 and gained back a pound in week 2, not exactly the direction I was hoping to go. This of course sent me on a downhill spiral this week, only for me to find this morning that I had gained back a total of 4 pounds!! What the heck? I finally got mad enough at myself this morning that I officially got back on track today. But probably not in enough time for a good Week 3 weigh in, but we shall see. Why isn’t weight loss easier?
· The HEAT here is still just awful. When I got up Monday morning it was 88 degrees at 5 am….with 85% humidity. It’s just crazy. The last 2 mornings it has been cooler – only mid 70s but with 100% humidity. The forecast doesn’t show any breaks either. It’s going to be in the upper 90s – lower 100s with humidity between 85-100% for at least the next week.
That’s enough for now. I’m sorry I am missing out on reading everyone’s blogs. I will try to do some catching up over the weekend.