1. Log 1000 running miles.
- Well as of today I've logged a measly 384 miles. It seems like so many more. That puts me at roughly 38% of my goal, but no where close to the 50% I should be at right now. My marathon training has started though, so I should start to see those miles climb. I think I still have a shot of making this goal by year end.
2. Complete 2nd marathon and set a 15 minute PR.
- Definitely too early to say much about this one. I'm registered for my 2nd marathon...so I guess that's the start. I have a race on the calendar. I did a great track workout today and hope to do them 2 to 3 times a month to improve my speed.
3. Run a 5K with a pace in the 9s
- This hasn't happened yet, but I think I've only done one 5K this year...maybe none, I seriously can't remember. I know I'm not ready to make this one happen yet though. Again, hopefully these track workouts will my speeds down. I did some quarter miles on the track this am at 8:56 and 8:57.
4. Shave 3 minutes of my half marathon PR (2:20)
- So far this has been the year of "get progressively slower" at each half marathon. I haven't even touched my PR of 2:23. I am doing at least 2 more half marathons this year. My goal race to do this will be in November in Richmond.
5. Get to my goal weight by April and stay there through year-end
- Well this hasn't happened. But, I am still making progress toward this goal. I've slowly lost about 12 pounds, but still have another 13 to go to be at my goal weight. I had a little set back over the last week from being out of town, but trying to get refocused on this goal and would like to see me hit my goal weight by August.
6. Swim 52 miles
- Hmmm.....well I've swam a total of 10 miles so far. I should be logging a lot right now with it being prime swim season, but the broken wrist put a stop on that. I have been ok'd to start swimming again though and while I may not be doing many/any triathlons this season, I still plan to start swimming again next week.
7. Bike 1900 miles
- So yea, same story as above. The wrist has kept me from logging many miles. This time last year I was logging 100 mile weeks. I've still managed to put in 628 miles, pretty much all on the trainer....so not that bad considering.
Hmmmm.....well, so far, not so great. I guess it was a good time to look at these goals again and start refocusing. The point of having a goal is to actually use it to drive you. I have to admit, I haven't really done that. Time to get busy!
How about you? How are your goals progressing? Any set backs or surprises?