I've been considering starting a Slowly Tri-ing Facebook page for quite some time now, but have never taken the time to do it. So here we go folks, if you are on FB, please follow the link below and like my page. There's not much out there now, but there will be soon. I currently only have one like, and it's my own. I am feeling very unloved.
What types of things do you like to see on FB pages that you follow?
Speaking of Facebook, on my run this morning I was reflecting about my life and thinking about key "milestones". On FB you can list key milestones like getting married, etc. So this morning as I was running I realized that I have lived in Kansas City for 15 years this month! It seems kind of crazy to me. I've mentioned it before, but I was born in Florida and lived there until I was 13. Florida is where I also consider myself "from" because it's where I was born and spent many years of my life. At 13 we moved to Kentucky and I lived there 11 years. Kentucky is where I mostly consider "home". I spent my high school and college years there and my family was from there, yet I actually lived there the least amount of years.
And then, 15 years ago I moved to Kansas City. So many life changing things have happened here and I've lived in Kansas City longer than I've ever lived anywhere in my life now. It's pretty crazy when I think about. It seems like yesterday in so many ways. While my life certainly hasn't been perfect, life in KC has been good. So for the sake of FB, I'm outlining a few key milestones to commemorate my 15 years in KC.
- Aug 1998 - Moved to Lee's Summit, MO
- Sept 1998 - Got my first "real" job post college
- Dec 1999 - Got my first "real" job post college that actually paid me a decent amount of money
- Jan 2001 - Purchased my 1st house
- May 2001 - Got my first dog - a 2 year old rescue Great Dane named Harley
- May 2005 - Married Jim
- May 2005 - Received my Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- June 2006 - Had to put my first dog to sleep :( but we also got Jack that month
- July 2007 - Started my career with the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- May 2009 - Ran my 1st Half Marathon
- June 2010 - Became a grandmother
- July 2010 - Completed my 1st Triathlon
- Jan 2012 - Completed my 1st Marathon
- July 2012 - Completed my first 70.3
- January 2013 - Transferred to the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and began working from home
What about you? Has a change in the course of your life ever taken you someplace different that you imagined? Have you had any major milestones in the last 15 years? I'm sure we all have!