It's a very slow process - two steps forward, one step back - but I'm inching in the right direction. - Rob Reiner

February 26, 2011

Stir Crazy

Well, today marks one week since I injured re-injured my back.  I wish I could report that I am alot better, but unfortunately that's not the case.  It's been a solid week and I have pretty much spent most of that time in bed, at work, stretching or at the chiropractor with only minimal improvement.  Apparently this is not going to be a fast recovery.

I am starting to get extremely stir crazy!  I hate laying around and I miss my workouts. I feel like I am losing my fitness a little bit every day.  On Wednesday I was feeling a little bit better and tried to just get in a 2 mile walk.  Which I did, but then it has been much worse since then.  That was a bad idea.

My only bright spot is that I have one very lazy brown dog who is here for me every step of the way.  Jack is never embarrassed or ashamed to relax and take a nap.  He is great company.  He keeps my spirits up!

Jack - Lazy Lab

I am hopeful that if I just continue to rest this weekend I can slowly ease back into my routine on Monday.  Send good thoughts my way.  I need it!!  My next half marathon is just 9 weeks away and the most I have ran is 4 miles.........I need to run!

18 comments:

  1. That picture of Jack is adorable - all those shades of brown - loved it!

    Take care. What a pain in the back! I bet you'll be feeling MUCH better in a few more days. I threw out my back a couple months ago by just stretching out in my bed after I woke up. Talk about feeling OLD. It took over a week to feel ok again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed here!

    What a cute puppy dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry your back is not healing as quickly as you would like. I know it's hard not to exercise or be active, but rest sounds like the best thing for you right now! Rest now, and before you know it, you'll be back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh.....so sorry! I would go crazy too!!! Hang in there....if you want company just let me know!!! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bummer. But, you do have an extremely adorable, cuddly looking dog there! I hope your back starts to feel better soon. I'll be sending those good thoughts your way for sure.

    What half are you scheduled to run? I've been considering Rock the Parkway or the Oz half, but can't seem to pull the trigger...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you are having trouble with your back. You keep resting and I'll keep sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw...Jack is the sweetest. Take care of yourself. You'll be back at it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Jack is never embarrassed or ashamed to relax and take a nap." Love it.

    Feel better soon. Don't push it too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your back injury. I hope you feel better and can get back at it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many many good thoughts coming your way! Heal quickly!

    Love the pic of your dog. My cats kept me company very happily when I was sick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon!! And your dog is Soooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and I just read a comment of yours on another blog and saw that you are running the Oklahoma city marathon on may 1! Me and my sister are running in it too!! Maybe we will see you there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope it starts feeling better soon!!!! i must say i LOVE seeing pictures of jack, he makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! I too liked no news is Gnews! What a classic: ) hope you get better soon. I'm pool jogging for a half marathon. Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My thoughts are with you. I understand how frustrating injuries can be. I am coming back from mine and like you I am not were I want to be with my training. And if I understand correctly we are doing the same race. Aren't you doing OKC? If so we have to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little pup is so cute! What great company.

    I'm sorry to hear you are injured! I'm having some issues with my left ankle lately so I'm laying low too, and it's making me craaaaazy! Just think that it'll be a lot worse if you don't take a break though. People don't really lose fitness all that quickly (unless they are eating SUPER unhealthy while laying low), so don't be too worried! You'll be back into the swing of things in no time. :)

    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you have a lazy dog and hubby. The guy only ran 56 miles this week. Total slacker.

    You'll get your fitness back quick. I didn't run for 3 weeks prior to my last marathon and I was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Back issues are no fun at all. I really really feel for you! Sounds like (from your more recent posts) that you're on the mend - thank goodness! Hang in there, and keep it up. I'll send you lots of "no back issues" vibes!

    ReplyDelete