Jim asked me the other day “Do you still blog?”…..yes, I do, but not often any more. I’m lucky to get out one blog a week…..and reading blogs has almost completely gone by the wayside. I seriously don’t know how people find the time. Between a full time job, training, and just life it seems like there is not enough time in the day. I really enjoy both reading and writing blogs, so it’s a shame I don’t have more time to dedicate to it.
Anyway, since I haven’t blogged in awhile I have lots of updates. I was going to do a Halloween Hustle 5K Race Recap, but just decided to make it part of this update.
- First – a huge shout out to Coy Martinez of First in Philly who completed the Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday and totally rocked it out!! She has been battling IT band pain for months but fought thru it for a strong finish!! You ROCK!
- Halloween Hustle 5K……I dressed up like “Running on Empty” – yes it was my own creative idea. I thought it was pretty self explanatory and cool and running themed. I was dressed like a runner…to the extreme, with an empty fuel gauge around my neck. However, apparently most people did not get it. I think they had no idea what I was supposed to be. Oh well, maybe next year. Last year I was Flo from the Progressive commercials…..people seemed to totally get that one. Anyway, the race was long 3.4 miles vs. 3.1 so while my overall pace was technically a PR for me; my official race time was one of my slowest on record. That is frustrating. And I had been waiting all fall for a 5K race since my times had been improving so much…..but due to an injury I wasn't able to give much (read next bullet below) – I still finished in an 11:11 pace, but I know I’ve got at least a 10:45 if not 10:30ish pace in me…..again maybe next time.
- I won two Blog Giveaways – literally like two or three weeks ago. I planned to give each its own blog recap…but alas I must give up the dream. Thanks to Christina at the Athletarian for the Tommie Copper Calf Sleeves – they are totally AWESOME! Thanks also to Caroline at Canadian Runner in Exile for an assortment of goodies including a book, some running fuel, and a cute headband. My gift pack was TERRIFIC!
|Love these things!|
|Jack "modeling" with my gear!|
- Today was my first Weight Watchers weigh in. I lost 3.4 pounds! I was happy about that, although I still think since it was week 1 it could have been higher, but in the end it was a loss, and I am trying not to go to the extreme on my weight loss to make sure I have enough energy and fuel to train. Luckily for me last week was a recovery week, and I didn’t end up running much due to injury so I didn’t have any issues with not getting enough fuel.
- I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award from Big Daddy Diesel…..that post is still to come. I promise.
- Let me know if you are following my blog, and I’m not following yours. I used to be excellent at keeping track of new followers, but since I haven’t done a very good job of even logging on to my blog lately, I haven’t done a great job of that either. Seriously, I would love to follow you….so let me know!
I think that will do it for one blog. Sorry for the long list of random stuff!