Thanks for playing along with my little "Versatile Blogger" Game. I had 25 people participate in this thrilling game. I really enjoyed reading your responses. So I know you have all been dying to find out what was True and what was False. So here we go.
1. "I am terrible with geography. Once during a job interview I had to write in all the States on a US map. I was only able to identify about 20 of them. Sad part is I still got the job."
- Well, 72% of you think I'm an idiot who knows virtually nothing about the Country I live in. And sadly, most of you would be correct. This one was was TRUE. I still have no idea why they had me do this because they obviously didn't care because I did get the job. I am pretty sure I even missed the State of Missouri - where I lived, but in my defense I had just moved here a month before. OK, really I have no defense This one is just embarrassing.
2. I once lived in a real Haunted House. Weird things happened all the time. The lights would go on and off on their own, shelves would knock against the wall for no reason, and the worse thing ever was when I was laying in my bed one night and heard someone say my name in a whisper “Miiiicccchhhhaaaaeeelllll”. Creepy!
- Most of you were torn with this one. It was almost evenly split with 48% thinking it was true and 52% false. This one is actually TRUE. I lived in a house that I swear was haunted when I was about 13. Maybe (probably) it was all in my head. But I do vividly remember jumping from the top of a bunk bed to the door of my bedroom after hearing my name called in a whisper one night. And the other stuff happened too. It was freaky stuff.
3. I am an expert pumpkin carver/decorator. It’s one of my FAVORITE parts of Halloween. I have even entered and won several pumpkin carving contests.
4. My favorite book series of all time is the Twilight Saga. I read all the books in about 6 or 7 days. And, I do in fact have tickets for the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn.
- Well, most of you - 72% thought I was a serious Twilight fanatic. And you would be ABSOLUTELY correct! This one was totally TRUE. Sad, yes I know, but true. If you've been following my blog since the very beginning you knew this one because I've posted it before. And yes, I do have tickets for the midnight premiere of the latest movie. I am going with my best friend Cindy. We are pretty pathetic huh?
5. I have six tattoos, but all are hidden pretty well. Most people don’t realize I have any. My favorite tattoo is of a butterfly in honor of my Grandmother who thought they were the most spectacular creatures on earth.
- 56% of you thought this one was true, but it is absolutely FALSE. I actually do not have any tattoos. I think it's just my age. I'm kind of from the pre-tattoo era. If I was about 10 years younger who knows, maybe this one would be true.
6. I am pretty sure I’ve been abducted by aliens at least once in my life. I have vague memories about the experience. It seemed like a dream but when I woke up I had an unexplained “scoop” mark on my left leg. The scoop mark is a common theme among people who believe they have been abducted. I know it sounds crazy, but you wouldn’t understand until you experience it for yourself.
- Luckily, only 36% of you thought this one was true. But I am kind of surprised that anyone thought it was true. This is definitely FALSE. What do you think I'm crazy? Oh crap, now I've put this in print. Those aliens are going to find me and mess with me now.
7. For extra money in college, I used to do stand- up comedy on the weekends at a local comedy club. I was part of a warm-up act for the real comedian. I used to get so nervous before I went on that I would throw up at least twice. The stress didn’t seem worth the money so I only did it for 4 weeks.
- This one probably cracked me up the most. 64% actually thought this one was true. The whole throwing up because of nerves would probably be accurate if I had ever done something like this, but I haven't. This one is FALSE.
Now, for the winner. The average number of correct responses was about 4 of 7. But two of you (Julie of Adventure is out There and Coy of First in Philly) got 6 out of 7. I was pretty impressed!! But that meant we had a tie. So, as stated I used random.org to generate the winner. Kind of weird to generate a random number between 1 and 2! Anyway, I went with the order you entered - so Julie was #1 and Coy was #2.
Congrats to Julie!! Send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll get your gift certificate sent to you right away!
Again, thanks for playing along. I thought this was fun!