I was in DC for work 3 days last week, so it was difficult to get in all the workouts I would have liked, but honestly it was a great start and I’m happy with it. I could beat myself up over missing a few planned workouts, or I could celebrate the fact that it is the first time since LABOR DAY that I’ve swam, biked and ran in a single week…..I choose to celebrate.
Workouts for last week:Mon – Core Work (about 15 minutes)
Tues – Bike (Trainer Ride – Intervals - 50 minutes)
Wed – Run (3.6 Mile “Hill” workout on the treadmill)
Thurs – Off
Friday – Run (3 Miles on the treadmill)
Saturday – Bike (Trainer Ride/Spin Class – 1:30)
Sunday – Run (8 Miles – OUTSIDE-YEAH!!) & 700 Yard Swim
I have to tell you it is hard getting back into a routine, but swimming was the hardest! My last swim was on Labor Day, and boy did it show. Within the first 75 yards my arms were burning. By the time I had finished my arms were on fire, and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to lift my arms today. Never, ever again will I take that kind of time off of swimming…ugh…seriously bad idea.
This week I will hit the pool at least twice and slowly work my way back to three times a week. I’d like to be doing 1000 yard workouts at least, but I think I’m going to have to settle for 500 to 750 for a week or two until my arms get used to it again.On another note, the weight loss is still totally stalled out. I am so frustrated with myself, and just things that seem to get in the way. Traveling is hard, but I felt like I did “ok” while I was gone…even opting for a pretty gross salad in DC while EVERYONE else was enjoying fried chicken and doughnuts, but then I come home and weekend plans just meant eating out more than I would like…and so now I sit here, 13 days into the New Year at the same weight L Oh well, it’s time to focus again on the week ahead!
Here is my “Tentative” 2014 Race Schedule
- March 2 – Little Rock Half Marathon (Little Rock, AR)
- April 6 – Brew 2 Brew Relay (Kansas City, MO)
- April 12 – Rock the Parkway Half Marathon (Kansas City, MO)
- April 26 – Garmin Half Marathon (Olathe, KS – PR attempt)
- May 10 – Running with the Cows Half Marathon (Bucyrus, KS)
- May 18 – Kansas City Triathlon – Sprint (Kansas City, MO)
- June 15 – Boulder 70.3 (Boulder, CO)
- Oct 11 – Harford Half Marathon (Harford, CT)
- Oct 12 – United Healthcare Newport Half Marathon (Newport, RI)
- Nov 1 – Indianapolis Marathon (Indianapolis, IN)
I’m super excited about visiting New England this year! What fun races do you have on the calendar in 2014?