It's a very slow process - two steps forward, one step back - but I'm inching in the right direction. - Rob Reiner

March 27, 2013

Melt It Off Monday - Weight Loss Challenge

I had good response to my post Monday so I have decided to make this an official blog weight loss challenge!

I considered DietBet, but there is a fee to do that so I turned to one of my favorite apps - Fitness Pal!  I figure we all have enough expenses in our lives already, so why pay to lose weight?


If you have never used Fitness Pal it is awesome!  You can download the app to your phone, and/or use it online myfitnesspal.com.  You can track your weight,  your exercise and your food.  They even have a bar code scanner if you use the phone app to scan the foods you eat and it enters them right into your food tracker.  It's pretty cool.

I have created a Closed Group so that we can have our own personal weight loss challenge.  I hope that "knowing" the people in the group will help us all motivate each other.  And, since we aren't "betting" on weight loss we will be more supportive of each other and won't worry about winning money because other people aren't losing the weight they had hoped.

The rules of the challenge ARE simple.  It will officially run from Monday April 1 through Sunday April 28.  However, please sign up for the challenge by March 31.

Steps:

1.  Log in to myfitnesspal.com and create an account.

2.  Send your user name to me at weatherlymh01@yahoo.com.  This is a VERY important step.  Since this is a closed group.  I have to add you to the group.

3.  Log on and tell us your name and the amount of weight you would like to lose during the challenge.  For example "Hi, I'm Michael of Slowly Tri-ing.  I plan to lose 8 pounds during this challenge".  Something like that. 

4.  Log on at least once a week and post a comment that tells me your weight loss or gain for the week.  You don't have to share your weight.  Just the amount of weight you have lost.  If you had a gain....it's ok.  You don't have to share your gain.  You can just say something like "Had a bad week".  Just post your weight loss by Sunday night, and then I will do a recap on my blog on every Monday.  Feel free to post more often.  I hope that you do.  I will try to add fun information along the way.

To sweeten the deal, I'll have a little giveaway at the end.  You don't even have to be the biggest loser to win. You just have to be an active participant.  At the end of the Challenge I will select 1 winner.  All you have to do to be entered to win is:

1.  Log your weight every week of the challenge (as defined above)
2.  Lose at least 1 pound during the 4 weeks.

For those of you who already said you wanted to do the challenge on Monday and have started losing weight already.  If you post about your weight loss by this Sunday March 31, you will get one extra entry into the giveaway.

The winner will receive a $25 Gift Card to their choice of Amazon; Dick's Sporting Goods; or RoadRunner Sports!

So what are you "weighting" for??  Go Sign Up Today!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Thx for organizing! I hope this helps me FOCUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not jumping in on this challenge because I have no weight to lose. But I am 100% supporting you and excited that you are openning it up. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete