It’s been another crazy week. I’ve had something after work 5 out of 5 nights this week. I can’t find time to sleep, much less blog. Here’s what’s going on with me:
· Tomorrow is my first bike “tour” – Tour De Lakes. The ride is 32 miles, but I’ll be adding an additional 8 miles at the end because I have to do a 40 mile ride for my Tri 102 class. This will be my longest bike to date. I’m a little nervous about riding in a group setting, especially considering I’m still adjusting to the clipless pedals. I really hope I don’t fall tomorrow, but I can totally see it happening. One part of the route I am very familiar with, and it is very hilly. I don’t know the rest of the route or what to expect. I think it will be a more laid back and relaxed environment from a race, so I really hope I just go out and have fun and enjoy. I’ll be doing it with at least 1 girlfriend, and maybe a few others.
· I really wanted to see X-Men and the Green Lantern and haven’t had time to see either. I’m bummed. I totally love these kinds of movies. I did see Super 8. It’s was pretty good, but not great. I can’t wait to see Transformers next weekend. It’s the movie I’ve been looking forward to all Summer!!
· My hamstring is definitely better but still not 100%. I’m ok when I’m running at a pretty slow pace, but as soon as I start to increase my pace I can feel it. I tried to do some strides after my run the other day and immediately felt it. Hills on the bike make it flare up a bit too. So far I’ve been able to work through it, and I just kind of “know it’s there” vs. it actually causing an issue like it did when I first hurt it.
· I finally got a new pair of tennis shoes this week. I’ve needed a new pair for at least 2 months. I really, really want these tri shoes. I'm trying to hold out though, I'm joining a local mutlisport club and with my membership I get 50% off of Zoot. I need to wait for the discount.
· I have determined I need a sponsor. I love racing, and have about a dozen or more races (tris and road races) on my radar for this summer. It’s expensive to do so many races.
· I’m thinking about doing a triathlon in St Louis in a few weeks if I can talk my girlfriend Michelle into it. If I do it, it would be my first “traveling” triathlon. It’s a great practice distance for my Olympic in Sept - .62 mile swim, 20 mile bike, 4 mile run.
· I really want to start my own line of women’s triathlon clothing. Seriously, tri clothes are terrible. The leg grippers on the tri shorts make even thin women have a nice fat bulge on their leg. And tri tops ride up like crazy. I’m always pulling mine down trying to keep myself covered. Maybe someday!
· I hope to read many of your blogs this weekend! I’ve missed them!
· Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!