It's a very slow process - two steps forward, one step back - but I'm inching in the right direction. - Rob Reiner

November 06, 2012

"Exercise" Your Right to Vote!!

So this morning I literally ran to the polls to vote during my morning run.  Puts a whole new meaning to the term "exercise" your right to vote!

On a serious note, it is truly a privilege to live in a Country where you can vote without fear.  Where you can cast your vote for a person and not a party without retaliation.  It doesn't matter if you are Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or something else....just go vote!

10 comments:

  1. I agree. I'll always vote :) I love that you ran there!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you ran there. My polling place is my son's school, so we'll be driving. But, I do plan to bike to do some errands today. :-)

    I always vote. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool you ran there! You're right that we live in a great country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats pretty cool that you ran to the polling. Got my vote in yeterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is indeed awesome that you ran to the polling place!

    And yea, too many people out there take for granted that we can vote in this country and don't vote. People died for the right to vote in this country and it's not something to take lightly. I'm always shocked when voter turnout is only 50% every election.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha! Nice one! Glad you got both in today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually run to vote - one of the only times I can run an errand while running - but I had oral surgery this morning so I voted but I didn't run. Hope everyone is out there voting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Voting's not optional in Australia. If you don't, you get a fine and as I'm a bit of a penny-pincher, I always vote. But you're totally right, it's really important to have a say in how your country will be run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for voting! While I wasn't overly excited about either Presidential candidate, we had a lot of important local elections as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen!! Well said!

    WE should all remember how lucky we are to live here...regardless of whether the candidate we voted on won or lost!!! At least we had a say...

    ReplyDelete