So, as I mentioned in my last post my life is just crazy right now. I have been beyond stressed out. I have seriously been stressed to the ultimate limits. For Christmas, I had purchased Jim tickets to the Kansas City Royals Home opener, which just happened to be on my Birthday. I thought it would be fun to take a vacation day on my Birthday, go to the game and have a nice long weekend. Well, work was just a bit too crazy for that so the best I could do was a 1/2 day vacation - luckily the game didn't start until 3pm.
Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling a little less stressed. It was my Birthday and I had a fun day planned. I got up, and as I usually do, I got online for a little while before actually getting out of bed and waking up. Today was pay day, so I went to check my bank account to make sure my check cleared ok. What happens next starts a whole list of things that happened throughout the day. Here they are in order:
1. I open my checking account to find a major negative balance - as in a 5 digit negative balance! I immediately thought my account had been hacked, but no, idiot me, in my stressful state had added an extra zero to the end of my mortgage payment. Nice way to start the day at 5:30 am.
2. I pull out of the garage and it's pouring rain.....I back into the trash can.
3. I get to work and try to enter the building and realize I'm missing my security badge which grants me access. I knew I had it with me. I went back to my car and search for it....no where to be found. Then it dawns on me. I bet I threw it away when I threw away my coffee cup. I go to the trashcan and sure enough I can see it at the bottom. So I have to sift through trash and dig my badge out.
4. I finally make it home and Jim and I are grabbing a quick lunch before the game. I had ordered a coke zero. I set it in my cup holder and when I pick it up it has coke streaming out the bottom of it. I realize I had a pair of earrings in my cup holder, which have punctured the cup and it is leaking like crazy. We have to stop on the side of the road to pour it out.
5. We head to the Royals game, and while nothing happens to me there (thank goodness), the Indians score 7 runs in the 1st inning!!!! 7 runs. They go on to win 8 to 3. I am certain I caused the Royals loss.
6. We have dinner at a new little sub place we hadn't eaten at before. They also serve crepes. We both order one. Apparently one of them breaks while we are there and they take forever to make, and we get them one at a time so I was totally done eating mine by the time Jim got his.
Well, that's about it.....I really hope tomorrow is better. Oh, and are you wondering about the mortgage payment?? Well it was in pending status, so guess what that means, they can't do anything about it until Monday. So Jim and I have no access to our bank account all weekend.....awesomeness. I'm not generally superstitious, but I can't help but think I was struck by the Friday the 13th curse. And Birthday or no Birthday, I got it just the same.
Tomorrow is the Rock the Parkway Half Marathon. We are supposed to have some severe weather. I so hope it doesn't effect the race. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Tomorrow will be a new day, a better day. I hope :)