It's a very slow process - two steps forward, one step back - but I'm inching in the right direction. - Rob Reiner

April 13, 2012

Birthdays Do Not Counteract Friday the 13th

So, as I mentioned in my last post my life is just crazy right now.  I have been beyond stressed out.  I have seriously been stressed to the ultimate limits.  For Christmas, I had purchased Jim tickets to the Kansas City Royals Home opener, which just happened to be on my Birthday.  I thought it would be fun to take a vacation day on my Birthday, go to the game and have a nice long weekend.  Well, work was just a bit too crazy for that so the best I could do was a 1/2 day vacation - luckily the game didn't start until 3pm.



Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling a little less stressed.  It was my Birthday and I had a fun day planned.  I got up, and as I usually do, I got online for a little while before actually getting out of bed and waking up.  Today was pay day, so I went to check my bank account to make sure my check cleared ok.  What happens next starts a whole list of things that happened throughout the day.  Here they are in order:

1.  I open my checking account to find a major negative balance - as in a 5 digit negative balance!  I immediately thought my account had been hacked, but no, idiot me, in my stressful state had added an extra zero to the end of my mortgage payment.  Nice way to start the day at 5:30 am.

2.  I pull out of the garage and it's pouring rain.....I back into the trash can. 

3.  I get to work and try to enter the building and realize I'm missing my security badge which grants me access.  I knew I had it with me.  I went back to my car and search for it....no where to be found.  Then it dawns on me.  I bet I threw it away when I threw away my coffee cup.  I go to the trashcan and sure enough I can see it at the bottom.  So I have to sift through trash and dig my badge out.

4.  I finally make it home and Jim and I are grabbing a quick lunch before the game.  I had ordered a coke zero.  I set it in my cup holder and when I pick it up it has coke streaming out the bottom of it.  I realize I had a pair of earrings in my cup holder, which have punctured the cup and it is leaking like crazy.  We have to stop on the side of the road to pour it out.

5.  We head to the Royals game, and while nothing happens to me there (thank goodness), the Indians score 7 runs in the 1st inning!!!! 7 runs.  They go on to win 8 to 3.  I am certain I caused the Royals loss.

6.  We have dinner at a new little sub place we hadn't eaten at before.  They also serve crepes.  We both order one.  Apparently one of them breaks while we are there and they take forever to make, and we get them one at a time so I was totally done eating mine by the time Jim got his.

Well, that's about it.....I really hope tomorrow is better.  Oh, and are you wondering about the mortgage payment??  Well it was in pending status, so guess what that means, they can't do anything about it until Monday.  So Jim and I have no access to our bank account all weekend.....awesomeness.  I'm not generally superstitious, but I can't help but think I was struck by the Friday the 13th curse.  And Birthday or no Birthday, I got it just the same.

Tomorrow is the Rock the Parkway Half Marathon.  We are supposed to have some severe weather.  I so hope it doesn't effect the race.  But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tomorrow will be a new day, a better day.  I hope :)

16 comments:

  1. yuck so sorry it wasn't a good day. Happy birthday despite that! I hope tomorrow is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I'm sorry your birthday was filled with crappiness. Maybe it's like plays, where today is a dress reheral, and it means your year will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy. I definitely hope tomorrow is better.
    Happy Birthday though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's a lot to get tossed at you on your birthday! Hope tomorrow is so much better and that you have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday but I wish it had been a nicer one for you.Tomorrow just has to be better. Couldn't really be much worse could it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ouch,what a rough day! Maybe a rough birthday equals good luck for the year like rain on a wedding day? Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a lot of bad luck. I started out the 13th by beating the blinking light at work (a good thing).

    Maybe all your bad luck yesterday will keep the rain away today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And belated happy birthday. Glad you got some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn that is a crappy day. I hope it gets better today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday, but man what a day!

    Hope things get straightened out quickly!

    Have a good race.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Michael. THAT was a bad day. However, you were with the man you love!!! and you know Monday can't be any worse, right??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geesh, that is a lot of stress. Happy Birthday though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa... this is definitely not a way to have an "unforgettable" birthday. I want to wish a Happy Birthday despite all that has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Your day sounds like that book about the no good, very bad, terrible day. Hope you guys had fun at the game! That is so sweet of you to get tickets for your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy (belated) birthday! Sorry things weren't great. Should be a few years before it falls on a Friday again?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! What a rough day! I hope that your race was good!

    ReplyDelete