It's a very slow process - two steps forward, one step back - but I'm inching in the right direction. - Rob Reiner

November 05, 2011

I Survived



I ran my longest run to date this morning - 17 miles!!!  And I lived to tell the tale.  I never thought I had this in me.  I guess from here until the marathon all my long runs will be new milestones, but I'm pretty excited to get through this one today.  We had about 20 mile an hour winds today.  It was cloudy and only about 45 degrees but I didn't let it stop me!  It wasn't ideal but I got it done.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway - it ends tonight!  See what you think you know about me.

16 comments:

  1. So excited for you. Well done. And you're right - every week from now on will bring another first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually remember my first 17 mile training run. Good job of getting er done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are AWESOME!!!! I'm so excited for you! I really can not imagine! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!!!! Feels so good to conquer a new distance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock. My longest run has been 13.1..And that is probably the longest one I will do. I have walked 26.2 in the Avon Breast Cancer walk..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job Michael! I am so so proud of you. Your determination never ceases to amaze me.

    Off the enter the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! 17 miles that is huge! congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Michael! So great. It will get easier every time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job baby - I knew you could do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 17 miles! So exciting. And in tough conditions, it will just make your stronger for those even longer runs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT job....I am still at a very low millage so sometimes after about 5miles I get all excited that I've done more :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME! Nothing better than hitting milestones. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete