We are headed to OKC for the OKC Memorial Half Marathon. Here are my thoughts in bullets:
· This will be my stepdaughter Madi’s first Half Marathon ever! She has been training so hard all winter. She will do AWESOME! Good Luck Madi!
· I’m still a bit under the weather but slowly improving. I’m hoping to feel 80% by Sunday.
· I got a mini brick workout in this morning – and by mini I mean MINI – 10 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the treadmill. Oh well, better than nothing.
· The weather doesn’t look to great. Around 50 degrees for the race start (just about perfect right?), but also rain, and 15-20 mph winds with the temperature slowly declining throughout the day.
· I was hoping for a PR…I don’t think that’s going to happen now. But oh well, I’m just going out to have fun no matter what – cold, rain, whatever….throw it my way I’m going to have FUN, nothing is stopping me!
· Jim and I are hoping for a blogger meet-up with Christi at Pedestrian Runner. Any other bloggers going to be in OKC?
· After a few days of recovery next week I really start my training for the Hyvee Triathlon in September. It’s my first Olympic distance race. I am TERRIFIED of the swim! I keep seeing commercials for this race on TV. It gets me kind of pumped up – and then I start thinking – HOLY CRAP – What was I thinking? I don’t belong at a race like this. It’s televised and everything. Kind of a big deal. I may finish dead last, I may drown. I don’t know. Is anyone else doing this race? I wanted to post the commercial on here but I couldn’t find it on line anywhere. I’m telling you it’s awesome and terrifying at the same time.
· I’m sad because Jack is already at the kennel. I will have no doggie to say goodnight to tonight.
· Remember my March Vegetarian Challenge? That went so well I’m going to be kicking off my May – Sugar Free Challenge. That’s right – I’m going to try to go a month without eating any added sugar. Natural sugars are ok – so I can eat all the fruit I want, but that means no candy bars, etc. It’s going to be the toughest thing I’ve ever had to do. I start Monday, May 2. Anyone like to join me? It would be nice to have someone out there doing the same thing.
· Good Luck to everyone racing this weekend. The racing season is here. There are a ton of people racing this weekend! I hope you all do well.